Hello, do you own a Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro? and you’re looking to gain root access on your device, worry no more buddy, cos we’ve got you covered. In this we would be giving a detailed step-by-step guide/tutorial that will walk you through how to unlock the bootloader and gain root access on your Huawei Mate 10 or Huawei Mate 10 Pro.
In order to unlock the bootloader, you’ll first need to obtain a bootloader unlock code from Huawei, which will be required at the time of executing the fastboot oem unlock command. As for rooting, since there is no working TWRP available for the Mate 10 right now, the guide requires using a one-click-root tool provided by FunkyHuawei service. For the full step-by-step tutorial, be sure to read on.
Warning : Unlocking bootloader and rooting your phone come with a risk of bricked devices, bootlooping, loss of data, etc. Leakite.com is not responsible for any harm that occurs during the process , Create a viable backup that you will fall back on if anything happens on the line, use Huawei Backup App to backup your data to MicroSD, or get HiSuite ready to reflash your phone in case of brick situation happen
- “Enable OEM unlock” & “USB Debugging” option turned on from developer options
- ADB & Fastboot installed on your WINDOWS 7 (YES, Win 10 has problem with Mate 10 Fastboot driver. except you know how to properly install the driver manually i would suggest you do this on Windows 7) – if you havent, search “Minimal ADB & fastboot” on XDA.
UPDATE : Windows 10 driver fix can be found HERE
- Download FunkyHuawei Tool from : HERE – ALL CREDIT GOES TO FUNKYHUAWEI
- Valid Huawei Account logged in on your Mate 10
- Go to : emui.huawei.com/en/plugin/unlock/index
- Log in using your Huawei Account, make one if you dont have it yet
- “Agree” to Huawei unlocking agreement presented
- Input all neccessary values related to your device (the one you want to unlock) – IMEI, Model Number etc
- Click “Commit“
- You will get a pop up dialog, containing your unlock KEY. Save this key or screenshot the screen, you gonna need it to unlock your phone
- Now, plug your phone to your PC. Assumed that you got USB debugging enabled, pop up will appear on your phone screen, asking whether you want to allow the PC to access your phone or not. Authorize the request
- Fire up ADB on your CMD/Terminal. and type
- Your devices should listed on your adb window, if it isn’t, either you didnt install the adb driver properly, or your usb port has problem
- Now type
to reboot your phone to fastboot mode
- Once the phone is booted up to the fastboot mode screen, type this in your CMD windows :
– without the brackets
- Confirmation dialog should appear on your phone screen, give you a warning about unlocking bootloader, just go with proceeding the process (YOU WILL LOSS YOUR USER DATA]
- Once the unlocking process is finished, your phone will boot up to initial set up stage
- Set up everything up until you can re-enable USB Debugging option in Developer Options (you can skip all account stuff, security and elses, you gonna do it again anyay after ROOTING)
- Plug back your phone, and from your CMD Windows, retype this code :
- Your phone will rebooted to FASTBOOT MODE again – now close your CMD Windows
- Now launch “FHMate10Tool.exe” which you have downloaded from the prerequisites step
- 5 Options will be presented, and the 1st is “Root your Mate 10”
- Type “1” and hit ENTER
- Few more dialog and instructions will be given, and Rooting process will started
- Once the process finished, your phone will booted back to initial set up screen with all USERDATA ERASED, but with SuperSU installed
CONGRATULATION, YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY UNLOCK YOUR DEVICE BOOTLOADER.