Model number: Lenovo A3500-FL
Android version: 4.4.2
Kernel version: 3.4.67
Build number: A3500FL_A442_01_25_140823_SE
BB Chip: MT8121
How to Root and Flash CWM
- Download SP Flashtool from here)
- Enable USB-debugging on the device
- Download and manually install this driver (A7_40_driver.zip) for the Lenovo Tablet (win7 dirvers work for win8).
- Go to My computer, Manage, Device Manager, right click your computer at the top, Add Legacy hardware, next, Install… manually, next, Show all Devices, Have a Disk.., Browse to the driver folder where you unzip them, choose example windows7 and the 64 version (win7 drivers work for win8.x too), install every device. Then follow the guide.(Note: Otherwise Windows only installs the normal automatic drivers and its more difficult to install the other drivers).
- Now connect device to PC.
- Download SuperSU zip file from here UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip, and move to SDcard.
- Turn off your device.
- Download and unpack cwmRecovery.zip – Download
- Run Flash_tool.exe with Admin Rights.
- Choose Scatter-Loading and choose MT8121_Android_scatter.txt (in Recovery folder) (or Download here )
- Now, only tick one checkbox – recovery, that is, recovery.img
- Click Download and connect the device to PC now
- Wait a few seconds.
- CWM is now flashed on your device .
- Unplug your device from PC.
- Boot to cwm recovery by turning off your device. Then press and hold VOL DOWN + VOL UP and then also press and hold POWER for about 7 seconds.
- Choose ” Install zip from sdcard.” (To confirm selection, use the Power Button)
- Choose “zip from sdcard”.
- Select SuperSU-v2.46.zip from sdcard and apply.
It might be necessary to always flash the CWM with the Flashtool directly before you startup the device. Otherwise it will start the original Android Recovery again.
If the supersu zip doesn’t install, try toggling the signature verification to disabled from cwm->install zip from sdcard->toggle signature verification.
Tested and working on Levono A7-40 3500-FL with kitkat update, build number A3500FL_A442_01_25_140823_SE, from ota.