Microsoft Surface Duo is a new device from Microsoft to be launched or released on the 10th of September, 2020. With pre-orders for US based populace available at Microsoft online store, AT&T and BestBuy.
The device already has a place in the heart of mobile and tablets lovers. Even a vast popularity of smart phone lovers. The Surface Duo has been getting its specifications and product advertisement visible on Twitter for a while, as Microsoft shows the uniqueness of the device.
Firstly, Microsoft Surface Duo is a two or double screen flexible, flip or foldable phone. It looks like the combination of two phones at the sides, forming a large tablet. As the design is already a lovable piece of art, so many little features are wowing factors that the crowd can’t stop roaring about, e.g.
* Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2020: Meet the new devices
* Best Android smartphones with Snapdragon 855/855+ processor
* What to expect from Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra (Mi Note 10 Pro+)
* Some really cool smartphone accessories to get in 2020
- Doing two different things on the both sides of the screen. Like comparing two websites side by side, is a feature the Microsoft Surface Duo possess. One way or the other this feature would work for a lot of writers and researchers that uses the web as part of their reference, as it gives you more room to compare and search different sites fast or at once.
- You can also make the other screen act like a double or second tab. Therefore clicking on a picture or link to open on the second side of the screen.
- Two different apps running at the same time on different screens is quite doable. Play a game at one screen or open your chat as you expect messages, and on the other screen you can be surfing the web or running another app, no need to minimize.
These double or Duo screen advantage is remarkable already, besides checking the specification of the phone itself.
Specifications of Microsoft Surface Duo
|Network||3G, 4G (VoLTE), 5G|
|Dimension||161.3 x 146.2 x 4.8 mm|
|Display Resolution||2200 X 2480 pixels|
|Operating System (OS)||Android 10|
|Processor||Snapdragon 855, Octa core, 2.8 GHz|
|Memory (RAM/Storage)||128GB or 256GB Storage and 6GB RAM|
|Battery||3577mAh Li-Po battery with fast charging.|
Ambient Light Sensor
Fingerprint sensor (side mounted)
|GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB||YES|
4K Video resolution
No LED flash
Microsoft Surface Duo costs $1,400 USD as its starter price. This price tag doesn’t come as a surprise especially as it possesses the two screen design, just like the Samsung Galaxy Fold, which shows two screens comes along naturally with a high price.
The Surface Duo screen is also different from the Samsung Galaxy Fold in terms of how it folds. It simply doesn’t fold like the Samsung Galaxy Fold will, but rather is the connection of two different screens by a 360-degree hinge; this helped in making it possible for the phone to come with a Corning Gorilla Glass for a stronger protection to the AMOLED display.
One con to this device, apparently the only visible con at the moment is the Qualcomm processor choice. With a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855, which could be better brings a 5G limitation, as this phone would have no 5G network compatibility. The phone is still very reliable for multitasking and speed, despite the processor choice; you may not notice a change in speed or be able to guess the Processor choice if you are not a phone nerd.
Microsoft mentioned the strength of the Microsoft Surface Duo battery as dependable, giving up to 15 hours of local video playback, a 10 days standby time, and 27 hours of Talk time. This is reliable and not far apart from the best of devices.
The Microsoft Surface Duo comes with all Microsoft Apps, and also all basic Google apps like the Calendar, Search, Chrome, Gmail, Maps, Message and more Android apps needed. Microsoft Surface Duo has amazing attributes even comparable to the best of smart phones; it is one you should brace yourself to have if you love the mixture of a phone, tablet and note in your hand in one. Also as a smart phone, it serves every possible desire.