Follow the instructions below to learn how to install Mediatek VCOM driver on your Windows PC.
If you don’t already know, driver in this post (VCOM driver) is useful for flashing Mediatek phones using any of the relevant flashing tools. It helps the PC to detect your smartphone.
Note: If you use Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 you should first disable driver signature verification.
↔MT65xx/MT67xx VCOM Driver – Download (Manual installation package)
↔MT65xx/MT67xx VCOM Driver – Download (Auto Installation package)
Note: If you downloaded the auto installation package or wish to use that option, just extract the .exe file and execute/run on your PC. If you chose the manual installation package, follow instructions below.
Installing VCOM Driver for MT65xx/MT67xx
1. Download and extract the content of the downloaded vcom Driver zip file.
2. Navigate to Device Manager by right-clicking on My Computer and clicking on “Manage”, then select “Device Manager” from the menu option shown on the left. If using Windows 8 and above, scroll down to bottom-left of your screen and right click, select Device Manager from the displayed options.
3. The computer you are using will be shown at the top with it’s name. Right-click on the name and select Add Legacy Hardware.
4. A new wizard will pop up. Just click on Next.
5. From the next menu, choose the second option shown in the screenshot below and click Next.
6. You will be shown a long list in the following screen. Select Show All Devices and click Next.
7. Click on Have Disk in the following window and select any .inf file you extracted in Step 1.
8. Once selected, click on Next. There will be a security warning on which you can select Install Anyway.
9. Restart your PC and connect your Mediatek MT65xx device.