To return your LG G8 ThinQ (G820TM) to its factory settings, download this firmware. It fixes some faults, like a device stuck on the boot logo; the firmware will also remove root, viruses, un-brick, and fix your phone. If your phone is lagging, flashing it should help.
You should also consider backing up your current firmware as well as any other vital data on your phone. Your phone will be completely erased if you flash it. Also, only flash your device if you’re sure you understand what you’re doing, to avoid bricking your gadget or causing it to malfunction.
It’s also important that your device is charged up to at least 30% so the process is not interrupted due to shutdown.
Link broken? Do not hesitate to report it via the comments section or use the contact form if necessary.
Details and Download Link(s) for LG G8 ThinQ (G820TM) firmware
- G820TM30b_00_TMO_US_OP_1229.kdz / OneDrive / GD2
- G820TM20j_00_TMO_US_OP_0216.kdz / OneDrive / GD2
- G820TM20h_00_TMO_US_OP_1005.kdz / OneDrive / GD2
How to flash LG KDZ firmware
The following instructions will guide you through the flashing process. Please follow all the steps correctly to avoid destroying your phone.
- First, download LG UP 1.14 or LG UP 1.16 flashtool to your computer.
- Now turn off your device and enter Download mode.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, then connect USB cable.
- Open LG UP tool, choose “Upgrade” and select your KDZ file (the file you already downloaded here).
- Finally, click “Start“
- Wait for the process to begin and be completed without interruption.
- Your device will reboot on completion, then you can disconnect it from the PC.
Need more help on this? post in the comments section. If there’s something else you’d like to share or bring to our attention, please also use the comments section down below!