One of Xiaomi’s best selling smartphones in India, Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, recently received an update to Android Pie, based on MIUI 10 Beta 9.3.25. This update is currently available to all users of the smartphone who would want to try out the new features of Android Pie.
Before you download and install this update package, you should know some things: like the ROM is currently a beta version and bugs should be expected. And if you do detect any bugs you should consider reporting it via the Feedback app on your phone.
If you’re not a fan of testing new ROMs on your phone you should probably wait for a stable release.
To ensure you install this ROM without issues, take note of the following:-
- Perform a factory reset on the phone before you install the update. This is necessary because you are upgrading to an entirely new Android version. So, do not hesitate to backup all important data or the existing ROM entirely- just in case you want to revert.
- This is a beta ROM. You should expect bugs.
- Only use this update if you’re an experienced Android user who wouldn’t bother about flashing and re-flashing firmware.
How to install Android 9 Pie Beta on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Download the firmware update package from this link – Download (1.7GB)
- Backup ALL important data
- Reboot phone to recovery mode
- Wipe all data
- Install ZIP package and wait patiently while it installs
- Once installation is complete, reboot phone to system
- Wait patiently, first boot might take a while.
- That’s all…
Do not hesitate to share your experience with us.