Download HTC Desire 12+ official firmware from the link here, and follow the provided flashing instructions to learn how to install the stock rom.
This is the international (global) ROM and should work for all regions. You can install the firmware via TWRP if flashing over stock recovery fails. Be sure to follow all flashing instructions on this page correctly and carefully.
If you notice that any of the links provided below is broken or doesn’t work, please post in comments section so we fix and update it ASAP.
Download HTC Desire 12+ firmware
How to flash HTC Desire 12+ global firmware (stock recovery)
- Download and copy the firmware above to the root of your phone storage. That is- /sdcard/
- Reboot phone to recovery mode. Press/hold volume up and power buttons simultaneously till the recovery screen shows up
- From the recovery screen, choose Apply update from sdcard
- Navigate to the root of your phone storage and select the firmware
- Confirm and begin flashing process. Be patient while this completes and do not interrupt.
- Once flashing is done, reboot device to system now.
- Download and flash TWRP following instructions on this page
- Reboot the phone to recovery mode (TWRP) and sideload the ROM via PC. (Ask in comments if you need help with this)
- If you are faced with Error 7, unpack/unzip the ROM and extract update-script from rom\update\META-INF\com\google\android
- Edit the file using any text editor (Notepad, Notepad++, etc) and completely erase the first two lines so it then begins with so it begins with: ui_print(“Target: htc/brepdugl …
- Save the file and exit text editor.
- Repack the firmware and try sideloading via ADB-TWRP once again.
- That’s all
If you need help with any of the steps, do not hesitate to post in comments section below.
Credits: xdadev members: Alaioby79- for providing firmware link. Dylan9012 – for providing TWRP workaround.