This stock ROM is a backup of the official ZTE Radiant Z740, since there is no officially released firmware for the device.
You can either flash this firmware from ClockWorkMod (CWM) recovery, or flash individual image files manually via fastboot.
In this post, the flashing method used is CWM flashing method. If you wish to flash via fastboot but do not know how, post in comments section for assistance.
To flash this firmware, you need to flash CWM recovery first. If you already have it installed skip to the next step.
To install ClockWorkMod recovery, download the CWM package from the link above then follow below instructions:-
- Unpack the content of the downloaded file to your Desktop, or any folder
- Open USB Drivers folder and install (manually installation). If you need assistance, please post in comments section.
- Enable USB Debugging in you phone’s Settings > Developer Options, then connect to Computer via USB cable.
- Once you have fulfilled all the above, go back to the extracted items folder and double-click install_z740_cwm_tch.bat to run.
- Once the script is executed, follow the instructions shown to complete ClockWorkMod installation.
Flashing ZTE Radiant Z740 Stock ROM
If you are reading this, it assumed you have successfully installed CWM on your device already. Follow the instructions below to flash the firmware.
- Download and copy Radiant Z740 ROm.zip to your phone’s SDcard root and insert in the phone.
- Turn off the device completely, wait a few seconds then hold Volume Up (+) and Power button to boot the phone into recovery mode.
- ClockWorkMod (CWM) recovery should now be displayed.
- Select Install Zip, navigate to where the ROM zip file is and select it to flash.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete and do no interrupt.
- Once complete, reboot the phone.
If you followed the instructions above carefully, your device should now be running on stock firmware.
Thanks to hroark13 (android forums) for the firmware and CWM files.
Got questions? Post in comments section for support!