Restoring, fixing or upgrading Xiaomi Mi 8 SE can be easily done using the firmware in this post. Aside from repairing any software associated fault on your smartphone, the fastboot ROM can be used to migrate from Beta to Stable ROM (and vice versa). To put it simply, this firmware will guide you through restoring your device to its default factory state.
If you currently have a rooted device and/or modified other partitions of the phone, flashing the Fastboot ROM will overwrite all existing modified partitions and replace with factory software. So, you should ensure to backup all important data on the phone- like contacts, messages, app data, etc. It is very necessary, to avoid loss of data after flashing.
Also, charge the device battery to at least 40% so that the flashing process will not be interrupted by low battery. Interrupting the firmware installation process could damage your phone.
From the links below, download either the Fastboot or Recovery firmware and follow the recommended flashing instructions afterwards. Do not hesitate to report any broken links detected.
Xiaomi Mi 8 SE official Recovery and Fastboot ROM Download
- Last updated:
- MIUI 12.5. Yours alone.
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- System sounds
- New: Nature mix is a new exciting way of creating your own notification sound system.
- New: Hundreds of system sounds that represent animals from all around the world.
- System animations
- New: A new animation framework renders movement more realistically.
- New: New UI design is focused on visualization and making your interaction with the device more lifelike.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
- Privacy protection
- New: Privacy risk scanner.
- New: Control which apps access and delete items from your Gallery.
- New: A comprehensive overview of all sensitive permissions.
- New: You’ll be notified whenever high-risk permissions are used and will be able to block the corresponding actions.
- New: Now you can see what apps access your clipboard and control access.
- New: Using approximate location adds up points to privacy protection.
- New: You can now manage sensitive permissions and related app behavior independently.
- New: The behavior of web pages is also tracked now, which helps you to block unwanted and malicious actions.
- New: Now it’s up to you who and when can track your online behavior.
- New: All apps now come with a security statement from GetApps.
- Optimization: An all-new privacy protection page.
- New: A more convenient way to move a cursor using the scrollbar.
- New: Function buttons support switching between languages and keyboards.
- New: You can press and hold the function buttons to access more features.
- New: Custom themes for keyboards.
- New: Font weight adjustment options for third party fonts.
- Optimization: Personalization features for system wallpapers, animations, and sounds.
- New: Wallpaper customization in the lite mode.
- Optimization: Redesigned Incognito mode.
- Optimization: Pages load much faster now.
- Previous Version:
- Last updated:
- Optimized system performance
- Improved system security and stability
- Previous Version:
Important! Always backup existing firmware before flashing any firmware.
How to flash Xiaomi firmware
After downloading the firmware from above link, get a functional USB cable, then follow the instructions via this link to learn how to flash Xiaomi fastboot and recovery firmware.
If you have any questions or other contribution please post in comments section for assistance.