Recently, Cyanogenmod released CM13 (Marshmallow) for 2011 Sony Xperia devices. The custom rom shared in this article is specifically meant for Xperia Arc and Arc S (anzu). The ROM is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. This rom has been tested to be fully working on Xperia Arc S (LT18i) by me. So far, it runs smoothly. The only bug in this ROM is with the Bluetooth. It sometimes refuse to enable.
Since the internal storage of this device is small, a fast SDcard is required to be used as the data partition. If you wish to install this rom on your device, read and follow the three easy steps below carefully.
- Cyanogenmod 13.0 for Arc and Arc S – Download
- Recommended Gapps – Download (Updated)
- Adb/Fastboot package (Important) – Download – Mirror
- MiniTool Partition Wizard – Download
Note: LT15i (Arc) users need to flash LT18i (Arc S) ftf flash file (ICS 4.1.B.0.587).
HOW TO INSTALL CM13 ON XPERIA ARC & ARC S
Step One: Partitioning and Formatting sdcard to ext4 or F2FS
- Connect sdcard to PC via card reader or insert in your device and mount as mass storage
- Install and launch MiniTool Partition Wizard on pc
- From the listed drives, select your sdcard and click on Delete
- Now click on Create
- From the displayed New Partition Options, configure as below –
- : Primary
- : Unformatted
- Leave every other option as is, then click Ok
- Now click on Apply, and select Yes from the popup.
- Wait for the process to complete.
You can also watch this brief video guide on how to format your sdcard to F2FS for CM13 installation:
Step Two: Preparing To Flash CM13
- Extract the download fastboot/adb package to desktop. Should look like this C:…Desktopadb
- Now, extract boot.img from CM13 rom package to the the adb folder on your desktop. That is: copy boot.img to C:…Desktopadb
- Rename the downloaded CM13 package to update.zip
- Rename also the download Gapps package to gapps.zip
- Renaming the downloaded packages helps you avoid making mistakes when typing the file names in cmd.
- Copy both files (update.zip and gapps.zip) to C:…Desktopadb, or wherever you adb files are located.
Step Three (Final step): Flashing CM13
- Insert the formatted sdcard to your device and power off
- Connect to PC in fastboot mode (hold menu button and connect USB cable)
- Launch cmd from your fastboot/adb folder (Hold Shift button while right-clicking on the adb/fastboot folder, then select Open Command Window here)
- Type in these commands:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- While the device is booting up, disconnect from pc and press the Volume down button repeatedly to boot into recovery mode.
- Once in recovery, perform the following
Factory reset > full factory reset
Advanced > wipe system partition
- Now select Apply Update > Apply from ADB
- Connect the device back to PC via USB cable and type the following commands:
adb sideload update.zip
Wait for the loading process to complete. If it stops at 47% don’t panic, just go ahead with the remaining step.
adb sideload gapps.zip
- Once this completes loading, disconnect from PC and reboot device to system.
See some of my screenshots below…