Officially, no provision is made to unlock the bootloader of certain devices, unlike Nexus, Sony, Motorola, HTC, and a few others.
Xolo happens to be one of the devices without any official bootloader unlocking means. So, if you use a Xolo smartphone and wish to unlock your phone’s bootloader, read and follow this brief guide carefully.
This guide has been successfully used to unlock Xolo Black and some other Xolo devices. Though some people complain it fails to unlock their Xolo device bootloader. Give it a try, it might actually work for you. 😉
*Please note that this bootloader unlocking guide also works on some other devices not made by Xolo.
How To Unlock Bootloader
- Fastboot package – Download
- ADB drivers or PDANet+
- Device with locked bootloader
- Download and install either of the drivers mentioned in requirements above
- Download fastboot package as well and extract to a particular directory on your desktop
- Run Command Prompt from the fastboot directory (Shift + Right click, then select Open Command Window Here)
- Now connect your device to the Computer and issue the following commands and tapping Enter button at the end of each command line
fastboot oem unlock
If you don’t get any error message, then your device bootloader has been successfully unlocked!
If you get an error response, consider trying this method.
Please share this post if you find it useful.