Infocus M680 has proven to be a bit of a problem to users of late. If you have problems rooting your M680 or you are yet to find a working method to root your device with, please follow the methods provided here carefully and report any errors you encounter in the comments section below.
Learn how to root Infocus M680 Marshmallow stock rom / firmware
Most importantly, before attempting to root your Android device (any Android device) with the available auto-root programs, ensure that you download the latest version of that particular software. Your device may not be supported in the version you have installed, but have been added in the latest release. This is necessary to avoid complaints that a particular root software does not work for your device.
Note: The root methods provided in this article can be used to root other devices too.
If you have a reason to flash your device with its original / stock firmware, click here to download and learn how to flash the firmware file. If you experience problems after using OTA update,click here to learn how to fix it.
- Download and Install KingoRoot on your PC
- From your device, navigate to Settings > Developer Options and enable USB debugging.
|Enable usb debugging (androidgoroot)|
- Now run KingoRoot and connect your phone to the pc via USB cable.
- Once the device is fully connected, a ROOT button will appear in the kingoroot interface. Click on it and wait for the rooting process to complete.
- If the root process is successfully complete, you will get a message as displayed in the screenshot below
|Root succeeded (androidgoroot)|
- Done! You can now reboot your device and verify root access by installing any root checker app.
- Download and install Root Genius
- Enable USB debugging on your device (Settings > Developer options)
|USB debugging (Root Genius)|
- Run Root Genius and connect your phone to PC via USB cable.
- Once the device is connect as shown below, click on ROOT.
|Root Genius Software|
- If root is successful, the device will reboot automatically. And Kinguser app will be installed in your device.
|Kinguser (Root Genius)|
If you encounter and problem using this guide, please report via comment section below.