Rooting your Doogee X9 Pro grants you access to a whole lot of customization options for your Android smartphone. It also allows you to run certain apps which would normally not run on a smartphone without root.
The tutorial in this post will guide on you how to install TWRP and root Doogee X9 Pro without issues. As long as you follow the instructions carefully and correctly.
To gain root access, you must first download and flash TWRP. Download the files below and follow instructions afterwards. If any broken link is detected, post in comments section so it is fixed ASAP.
How to install TWRP In Doogee x9 Pro
- Download the files from the above link
- Unzip the contents of SP flashtool + TWRP archive to an empty folder on your desktop
- If you have not already installed MTK driver, do that now. See instructions in download options above
- Once all has been setup, run flash_tool.exe (as Administrator)
- Select scatter file (if not selected already). Scatter file should be MT6737M_Android_scatter.txt
- Click Download in SP Flashtool interface
- Shutdown your phone and wait a few seconds.
- Connect the phone to PC via USB cable while its shutdown
- TWRP should now begin to install. Wait for it to complete and show a green success popup.
- That’s all.
If you need to see the full guide on how to use SP flashtool, click here.
To ensure that stock recovery does not overwrite your newly flashed TWRP it is recommended to boot TWRP immediately after flashing. To boot TWRP-
- While the phone is still turned off, press Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds
- The boot menu should now show up, use the volume buttons to navigate and select Recovery
- Wait for TWRP to show up.
How to root Doogee x9 Pro
- Download SuperSU zip file from the download options and copy it to the root of your phone storage
- Follow the instructions above to boot TWRP
- Once in TWRP screen, tap Install Zip and navigate to where you copied the SuperSU zip file to
- Select the file and confirm to flash
- Wait for installation to begin and complete successfully
- Reboot your phone normally on completion
To confirm that your phone has actually been rooted, download root checker app from Google Play Store.
If you have any thoughts to share with us, do not hesitate to post in comments section down below.