Paranoid Android recently released its Sapphire ROM for Xiaomi Mi 10T and Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro devices. The Custom ROM is based on Android 12 OS and appears to be faster and smoother than the stock MIUI ROM that runs on Mi 10T / Mi 10T Pro smartphones.
The Paranoid Android Sapphire ROM is based on Code Aurora Forum Android sourcecode. This translates to better optimization in terms of performance, battery life, and overall device functionality- in comparison to Android Open Source Project (AOSP) ROMs and the default MIUI ROM.
At the time of this publication DT2W is not working. And the option to change screen refresh rate is missing, but it is set to 144hz by default. These issues, though minor would (propably) be fixed in coming updates. Every other basic feature seems to be working just fine and the ROM can be used as a daily driver. But in as much as Paranoid Android Sapphire ROM for Mi 10T and Mi 10T Pro has not been declared a stable release, you might find a few bugs.
Requirements For Flashing Paranoid Android ROM on Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
- TWRP Custom Recovery – Download
- Xiaomi Mi 10T / Mi 10T device with unlocked bootloader. how to unlock bootloader?
- Your device must be on stock ROM with build number: V184.108.40.206.RJDMIXM
- Paranoid Android Sapphire Custom ROM – Download
How To Flash Paranoid ROM on Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
If you’re reading this step, it is assumed that you’ve already unlocked your phone’s bootloader and flashed the required base stock ROM, V220.127.116.11.RJDMIXM. You do not require root access to flash this ROM, so just follow the steps below carefully. Ask questions in the comments section, if you require assistance or clarification on any of the steps.
- Download and copy Paranoid Android Sapphire ROM to your phone storage. Just place the in the root directory (/sdcard/…) and not in any folder. This is necessary for easy access
- Reboot your phone to recovery mode (TWRP). (Guide to flash TWRP has been made available in the same page that explains how to unlock bootloader)
- Once in TWRP, tap Install Zip and navigate to the root directory where you copied PA Sapphire.
- Select the ROM, then swipe to confirm and wait for the ROM to install
- After successful installation of PA ROM, you can flash DFE (Disable Force Encryption) if you need decryption
- Go back to TWRP main screen and format Data
- After formatting, reboot device to system and wait for a short while for the boot sequence to complete.
Note: First boot might take a while, do not interrupt.