If you use a Huawei Android device and have your device’s stock Update.zip firmware package but don’t know how to flash it, read the guide below carefully to learn how to flash it using your sdcard easily.
Use one of the two methods provided below.
Learn how to flash Huawei update.app firmware without sdcard
How to flash Huawei
- Download stock firmware update file. Click here
- Unpack the archive to any directory on your PC. Your desktop should do.
- Now you should have an update folder.
- Connect your Huawei device to PC via USB and open the root of your sdcard (internal)
- Create a new folder and name it dload
- Go back to where you extracted the stock firmware package. Open the update folder
- Copy UPDATE.APP and paste in the dload folder you have just created in your sdcard.
- Power off your device completely and wait for some seconds.
- Hold Power button, volume up and volume down all at once.
- Once it starts to boot up, release Power button but continue holding volume up and volume down buttons.
- An update screen will now display and commence the flashing process.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete, then reboot.
- Download the appropriate firmware from the above mentioned link and extract its contents.
- Create a new folder “dload” in the external microSD card or internal memory of your phone.
- Copy the Update.app package you extracted in the first step to the newly-created dload folder.
- Now unplug the USB cable and enter *#*#2846579#*#* in your phone’s dialer.
- In the menu that pops up, go to Software Upgrade > SDCard Upgrade and confirm installation of the new update.
You can also watch the video below indicating how to flash Huawei firmware update.