If you like keeping up with Android upgrades and trying out all the cool features packed in newer Android versions, well, here you have it- Android 10 custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (India) / Redmi Note 5 Plus (Global).
The ROM is in alpha state: some features like thermal engine, fingerprint scanner, and voLTE may not work as expected. In essence, you should only flash this ROM if you have experience in this field and willing to do without the aforementioned features.
In other to flash this custom ROM, you need to download the files below and follow the flashing instructions thereafter. Be sure to follow all instructions carefully so as not get stuck or put your phone in a boot loop.
- POSP Android 10 Custom ROM – Download
- SAR TWRP – Download
- GAPPS – Download
- OrangeFox Recovery – Download
Once you have downloaded the files above, proceed to flash the custom ROM following the instructions below.
Flashing Android 10 on Redmi Note 5/ 5Plus
Download all the files listed above and copy to the root of your phones storage.
- Reboot to TWRP (recovery mode)
- Flash latest OrangeFox recovery
- Reboot to recovery (this should happen automatically once you flash OrangeFox recovery)
- Flash ROM
- Flash SAR TWRP
- Reboot to recovery
- Reboot to recovery again
- Flash Gapps
- Then boot the phone normally. Wait patiently for device to boot completely.
- Enjoy Android 10.
Credits: 4PERTURE, XDA