The Health app can contain a variety of sensitive data by syncing with the Apple Watch and third-party apps – workouts and health monitoring. Here’s how to manage them securely.
When it comes to sharing, Apple allows you to export your health data to an .XML file that you can share with your healthcare provider, for example. Additionally, the app allows you to keep a copy of your health data for backup purposes directly on iCloud.
How to export the health data:
- On the iPhone, open the Health app.
- In the upper right corner, tap the image of your Apple ID.
- Scroll down, then tap Export all health data.
- When prompted, tap Export.
How to delete data from the Health app:
- On the iPhone, open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap Health.
- Tap Data and Device Access.
- Scroll down to the list of devices and tap the device name.
- Scroll down and tap Delete all data from [device name].
- If prompted, confirm your choice.
Remember that your Health app information is stored in iCloud and is encrypted both when transferring it from iCloud to your device (and vice versa) and when storing it in iCloud.