Before you are able to flash TWRP custom recovery on your Lenovo Vibe C (A2020a40) smartphone, your device bootloader need to first be unlocked.
Just so you know, this TWRP recovery is compatible with both Dual Sim (DS) and Single Sim (SS) variants of the Lenovo Vibe C A2020a40.
To unlock the Bootloader of Lenovo Vibe C and flash TWRP, read and follow the instructions below carefully.
Disclaimer: Your use of the information to unlock your device bootloader and root your smartphone is strictly at your own risk. You take full responsibility for whatever happens to your device.
How to unlock Lenovo Vibe C A2020a40 Bootloader
Unlocking Lenovo Vibe C Bootloader
- Enable USB Debugging- Go to Settings > Device Information and tap Build Number repeatedly until it displays ‘Developer options now enabled, or you are now a developer’.
- Go back to Settings main, scroll down and tap Developer Tools or Developer Options. Enable USB Debugging from this menu.
- Unpack and install Lenovo USB drivers
- Unpack the Bootloader Unlock package. Open the folder A2020a40_unlock_7M_www.leakite.com and click Unlock_Bootloader.bat.
- Wait a for the process to complete.
Your Lenovo Vibe C A2020a40 bootloader is now unlocked. Next, how to flash TWRP custom recovery.
How to flash TWRP on Lenovo Vibe C A2020
- Lenovo A2020a40 TWRP 3.0.2 – Download
Flashing Lenovo A2020a40 TWRP
- Download the file above and extract the folder TWRP.
- Open the folder
- To flash TWRP permanently on the device, run Flasht-TWRP.bat
- To boot TWRP only and not flash it, run RUN-TWRP.bat.
- Whichever file you execute, wait a few seconds for the flashing process to complete.
Now you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Lenovo Vibe C A2020a40 and flashed TWRP custom recovery.
Please share this information if you find it useful. For questions or inquiries related to this article, post in comments section below.