This Lineage OS custom rom is for ZTE Axon 7 Mini. In its current state though, v14.1 is still a nightly build. So there’s a possibility of identifying very minor bugs in the rom.
With custom ROMs you can improve on the functionality of your phone as well as get more improved features that may not already exist on your phone’s stock or official firmware. You can also improve on your phone’s battery life, see increase in available RAM and storage space.
This is possible because some apps pre-installed on your device which you don’t use (probably don’t need) will be removed to create more space and decrease number of running processes to increase available RAM. If you are tired of the stock rom (official firmware) that currently runs on your phone or you need something different from the ‘normal thing’, flashing a custom rom might just make your device look all new once again to you.
- How To Download & Upgrade ZTE Axon 30 Firmware
- Flash Custom Rom On ZTE Axon 7
- How To Install TWRP And Root ZTE Axon 7
To flash this ROM, your phone needs to have a custom recovery installed, and must be rooted. If you haven’t done any of this or don’t know how just post in comments section for assistance.
Once you have full filled the above, download the ROM from below link and follow flashing instructions after the download options.
Note: this ROM is still a nightly build and might contain a few bugs.
File name: lineage-14.1-20181014-nightly-tulip-signed.zip
Release Date: 2018-10-14
How to flash Lineage OS custom rom
Before you proceed with the flashing instructions below, it is assumed that you have rooted your device and properly installed TWRP recovery. If you haven’t done any of that, or you need help with it, post in comments section for assistance.
See also: How To Unlock ZTE Axon 7 Bootloader
- Download Lineage OS Rom from the link above
- Copy to the root of your smartphone’s storage or sdcard
- Reboot to recovery (TWRP)
- Make a complete backup of your phone’s data
- Erase/wipe data and cache
- Select Install Zip from sdcard
- Navigate to where you have copied the downloaded rom
- Select it, and swipe to flash (as shown in twrp screen)
- Wait for the flashing process to complete
- Once complete, reboot the phone to system.
- First boot usually takes some minutes, be patient.
- That’s all.
If you have any questions regarding this rom, or you have problems with flashing it…post in comments section below for assistance.
See screenshots of Lineage OS below…