This Lineage OS custom rom is for Google Nexus 6 . In its current state though, v15.1 is still a nightly build. So there’s a possibility of identifying very minor bugs in the rom.
Lineage OS (official Cyanogenmod replacement) custom rom is available for a good number of smartphones, and so far it seems to run smoothly on most test devices.
To try this custom rom on your smartphone I advice you first make a backup of your phone in its current state. You can do that from twrp, or any other backup option you prefer.
When you’re all set, download the rom from the link below and follow flashing instructions after download link.
File name: lineage-15.1-20181016-nightly-shamu-signed.zip
Release Date: 2018-10-16
How to flash Lineage OS custom rom
Before you proceed with the flashing instructions below, it is assumed that you have rooted your device and properly installed TWRP recovery. If you haven’t done any of that, or you need help with it, post in comments section for assistance.
- Download Lineage OS Rom from the link above
- Copy to the root of your smartphone’s storage or sdcard
- Reboot to recovery (TWRP)
- Make a complete backup of your phone’s data
- Erase/wipe data and cache
- Select Install Zip from sdcard
- Navigate to where you have copied the downloaded rom
- Select it, and swipe to flash (as shown in twrp screen)
- Wait for the flashing process to complete
- Once complete, reboot the phone to system.
- First boot usually takes some minutes, be patient.
- That’s all.
If you have any questions regarding this rom, or you have problems with flashing it…post in comments section below for assistance.