The launch of the famous Apple Watch Series 6 was held on the 18th of September, which is already a few days back. Since then, it has been one talk or the other about how much improved the new Apple smart watch is compared to the other older series.
The additional value of a smart watch is seen in its health sensors or trackers and some phone-like qualities or features, which the Apple Watch Series 6 didn’t fail to deliver. In fact, Apple has a slogan for their smart watches—”the future of health is on your wrist.” That is how well-assured they are of the health features of the watch they created.
Comments from Apple on the benefits of Watch Series 6 say it has the ability to measure blood oxygen level, test ECG (like the Samsung Galaxy Watch3), track fitness, and use sleep apps to keep track of your sleep metric or hours you’ve been up, etc. All this can be done with a simple glance and interaction with the Always-on Retina display.
The Watch Series 6 looks almost like other models of the Apple Watch Series, with a square-like shape and a digital crown. But this time, it appears in distinctive colors of blue, red, silver, space gray, and gold. This is seen by many as a really good improvement, especially the very bright (Product) RED colour option.
What really is new in Apple Watch 6? Blood oxygen level monitoring is the new feature. A faster chip was also introduced, as was an always-on display (AOD). All this for a little increment, which makes it cost $399 USD as its starting price. Do not forget that it also has about 18-hours of battery life, which is enough for an entire day of activities.
Let’s take a look at the new features and its benefits to this new device-
- Blood Oxygen app: The Blood oxygen app is thorough and allows demand readings of your blood oxygen level day and night or while you sleep, which can help detect sleep, apnea, or asthma. The new sensor consists of four LED clusters and four photodiodes, which are laid to rest in the back crystal of the watch. The sensors work together with the Blood Oxygen app to give the reading of the blood oxygen level demanded.
- Always on display (AOD): Apart from being on at all times, this adds a brighter screen experience as the always on display is bright both indoors and outdoors, making it easier to use the Watch 6 in any kind of lighting condition.
- Faster chip: Apple is kind of synonymous with “speed”. The Apple silicon processor is faster than Qualcomm’s for smartwatches. This makes for a swift touch response and better performance.
Watch Series 6 has quite reliable features added to the health benefits, but other features add up to make it better than the Series 5 and make it more appealing.
The battery of the Watch Series 6 takes about an hour and a half to fully charge, and that is about 40% faster than the Series 5. So if you’re using it for sleep tracking, getting up in the morning to prepare for work might be enough time to gain 80 to 100 percent charge. And that should last you close to 18 hours, like the Apple Watch 5, 4, and Watch 3.
In the box, there is a USB-A cable with an Apple proprietary charger, but no AC adapter.
- Easy access to Apple Music for streaming.
- Activity rating
- Solo loop design; a stretchable silicon rubber that can replace your watch wrist band. It can easily be slide in and out of your wrist.
- Customization of new faces to match your mood.
- Cellular connection and GPS
- Apple Pay integrated
- Get help or assistance using Siri.
- Water resistant (50 meters).
- Heart rate and irregular rhythm notification
Frankly, the Apple Watch Series 6 is not just an upgraded version of the Series 5, it is a great watch for your health, which makes it a very important smart watch. This could be a reason why it is more sought after than any other smart watch. With all the health benefits; ECG as the electrocardiogram, the SpO2 monitor, sleep tracking, fitness tracking, this is one of the best smartwatches for health monitoring. Some smartwatches from other brands are cheaper, and somewhat offer related features, which leads to the high competition the Apple Watch Series 6 will have to deal with.