This firmware update package is meant for Alcatel One Touch 7040T. Download from the link below and follow flashing instructions at the end of this post.
Do not use this on 7040N. It will certainly brick your device, you have been warned.
|File Name||7040T Stock Backup.rar|
After downloading the firmware from link above, follow the instructions below to flash the update.zip package.
- Alcatel ADB Driver – Download
- ADB files / installation – how to install
- Firmware (download from above link)
- USB cable and PC
- Stock Recovery – Download
Once you have fulfilled the above-listed, follow instructions below to flash.
- Download and install the drivers. Also install the universal ADB made available in the above link. When done,
- Launch command prompt from the folder where you have placed the update.zip firmware
- Boot the phone in recovery mode
- From the recovery screen select Apply update from ADB, then connect to PC via USB cable
- In command window, type adb devices to check whether your device is properly connected. It should display sideload and some numbers.
- Now type adb sideload update.zip
- Wait for the Completed message to display, then disconnect reboot the phone.