Follow the instructions below to learn how to easily unlock Google Pixel and Pixel XL bootloader.
Disclaimer: You should already know by now that this content was written just to help you get the best out of your smartphone. But your use of this guide is entirely at your own risk.
- Go to Settings > About phone > Build number and tap 7 times to enable Developer options on your Google Pixel.
- Now go back to Settings > Developer options and enable USB Debugging and OEM unlocking.
- Download and install Minimal ADB and Fasboot on your PC.
- Backup all your apps and data because your device’s storage will be wiped while unlocking the bootloader.
- Make sure your device has at least 45% battery power.
Unlocking Google Pixel and Pixel XL Bootloader
- Connect your Google Pixel smartphone to the PC using a USB cable.
- Navigate to the folder where you’ve extracted the ADB and Fastboot files and open a command prompt by pressing Shift + Right click on any empty space inside the folder and select Open command window here from the context menu.
- Use the below command to reboot your device to bootloader/fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your device is in bootloader mode, issue the following command to unlock bootloader:
fastboot flashing unlock
After issuing the command, you’ll get a confirmation screen on your Pixel device. Press Volume Up button to highlight Yes and press Power button to confirm.
- Once the bootloader is unlocked, your device will reboot into bootloader mode. Use the below command to reboot your device.
- Done…your device bootloader is now unlocked.