Huawei P9 Plus (VIE-L09) owners can now try out the new Nougat beta update, version B370, released in Europe via OTA.
The build optimizes power consumption, improves system stability and gets rid of some existing bugs.
- Device: Huawei P9 Plus
- Model: VIE-L09
- Android: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Version: NRD90M
- EMUI: 5.0
- Firmware: B370
- Build Number: VIE-L09C432B370
- Security Patch Level: March 1, 2017
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official (beta)
- Type: Full firmware image
- Release Date: 13.04.2017
- File Name: update.zip
Download Link: Official Mirror | Size: 1.3 GB
EU Cust: Official Mirror | Size: 564 MB
How to Update
- Download the update.zip and EU cust package from above and extract them both.
- Create a new folder “dload” in the external SD card of your phone.
- Now copy UPDATE.APP file extracted from the first package (update.zip) to this new dload folder.
- Take a full backup of your important data and turn off your device.
- Press and hold Vol down + Vol up + Power for a few seconds until your phone boots up and starts updating.
- Once your device restarts after successful installation, remove the UPDATE.APP file from the dload folder and replace it with the UPDATE.APP file extracted from the second package (update_full_hw_eu.zip).
- Finally, turn off your phone and trigger the update installation using the same 3-key combination (step 5).
If you’re encountering errors with the previous method during the installation, you might still be able to install the update using a custom recovery using TWRP.
Simply copy both the update.zip and update_full_hw_eu.zip to your phone, reboot into TWRP and, after taking a full nandroid backup, install both the packages (update.zip first).