Flashing Android N (AOSP) on Sony Xperia SP devices is just as easy as flashing every other custom ROM. This is an unofficial build, so you might
discover some bugs while using this as a daily driver. All basic features seem to function just fine.
View some of the features below.
But note that you need an unlocked bootloader to flash this ROM. Doing otherwise will eventually brick your device.
Issues and Features
– Boot : Ok
– Bootanimation : Ok
– GApps : DeltaGapps acceptable, unstable, backuptool unsure (reflash with ROM)
– GPS : Unknown
– WiFi : Ok (real SONY MAC address)
– Bluetooth : Ok (real SONY MAC address)
– WiFi Hotspot : Unknown (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
– RIL – Phone – Data : Ok, USSD could be broken
– Camera : Ok
– Camcorder : Broken
– Accelerometer : Ok
– Compass : Ok
– Gyroscope : Ok
– AOSP sensors : Ok
– FM Radio : Unknown
– LEDs : Ok
– Vibrator : Ok
– Microphone : Ok, to verify
– Audio & external audio : Ok, to verify
– Bluetooth audio : Unknown
– NFC : Ok, to verify
– Kernel : Ok, stable
– Graphics : Ok, to verify
– 3D Rendering : Ok, to verify
– Offline Charging : Ok, to verify
– SEPolicies : Enforced or nothing! Work in progress
To flash this ROM, follow the simple instructions below to flash the ROM.
Flashing Android N on Sony Xperia SP
- Flash TWRP recovery via fastboot mode
- Reboot to recovery
- Make a backup of your current ROM (optional)
- Wipe data and cache
- Flash AOSP 7.0 ROM zip
- Flash GApps
- Reboot to system
See screenshots below:
Q : Google Service crashes during Setup Wizard, solutions ?
A : Try to get through the setup. If not, do this with a computer and adb :
> adb shell pm grant com.google.android.setupwizard android.permission.READ_CONTACTS
> adb shell pm grant com.google.android.setupwizard android.permission.WRITE_CONTACTS
> adb shell pm grant com.google.android.setupwizard android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION
If you have any question, post in comments section below.