If you own an Infocus M680 device that runs on Marshmallow and wish to root it, follow the guide below to properly and safely root your phone to avoid bricking it.
Thanks to Taiwan101 Dev. Team for porting TWRP 3.0.2 recovery to M680. Following Chainfire’s ‘systemless’ root Infocus M680 can be rooted following the below guide.
Step 1: Flashing TWRP recovery on M680
- Download the files above and copy SuperSU zip package to the root of your phone’s sdcard.
- Extract Sp Flash tool contents and put in a folder on your desktop
- Again, extract content of Infocus M680 twrp rar to another folder
- Power off your InFocus M680
- Now open SP Flash Tool folder and run flash_tool.exe
- Click scatter loading, then navigate to the folder where you extracted TWRP content
- Select the scatter file (MT6753_Android_scatter.txt), and click ok
- After that, click start and connect your turned off Infocus M680 via USB to Computer
- Wait for the flashing process to complete…and DONE!
Step 2: Rooting Infocus M680 Marshmallow
- Once you have completed Step 1, boot your phone to recovery mode by holding power button + volume up.
- In recovery mode, select Install and choose the SuperSu zip file you copied to the root of your sdcard
- Swipe to flash the SuperSU package and allow to complete.
- Once complete, reboot your phone to system and….that’s it dude!
Subscribe to Leakite ROM Updates
...get latest beta/stable firmware release for your device. Don't worry, we hate spam too!