To root your Huawei P9, P9 Plus or Lite smartphone, follow the simple guide outlined here to root your phone safely using Chainfire’s ‘systemless’ rooting guide.
This root method works on all variants of Huawei P9, Plus, and Lite.
Rooting Huawei P9 Smartphones
- Download and install TWRP recovery from the link above
- Download SuperSU also, and copy to the root of your sdcard
- Power off your phone and boot into recovery mode
- You can access recovery mode by holding Power, Home and Volume Up buttons. Release the buttons once recovery screen shows up.
- Select Install, navigate to your sdcard root directory where you placed the SuperSU zip package
- Select it, the swipe to flash.
- Once flashing is complete, reboot your Huawei P9 smartphone.
Subscribe to Leakite ROM Updates
...get latest beta/stable firmware release for your device. Don't worry, we hate spam too!