Some stock roms / firmware packages use .nb0 extension and cannot be flashed using the likes of SmartPhone flashtool, Spreadtrum Update Tool, etc. Though, some device manufacturers have made it possible for its official software updates in .nb0 extension to be flashed via the phone’s stock recovery. This feature may not be available to all devices, hence this post.
With Software Update Tool (SUT) you can easily flash your device stock firmware via a Computer. The process explained below is very simple. Read and follow the guide carefully.
Flashing .nb0 firmware files
- Download and install your device driver on your PC
- Download Software Update Tool (SUT)
- Install and run SUT-LR on your Computer
- Unzip the downloaded .nb0 firmware from its zip archive and place in any folder. Extracting to desktop should be cool.
- Reboot the device to fastboot / download mode / bootloader. (adb reboot bootloader, or power off then use button combo)
- Connect device to PC
- From SUT-LR interface, click on … or the empty box and select the extracted .nb0 firmware and click Next
- In the next page, select Erase User Data, then proceed
- The flashing should now commence. Wait a few minutes for this process to complete.
- Disconnect the device and reboot!
Leave your complaints and suggestions in the comments section below. Don’t forget to share this post with friends!