Model number: Lenovo A3500-FL
Android version: 4.4.2
Kernel version: 3.4.67
Build number: A3500FL_A442_01_25_140823_SE
BB Chip: MT8121
How to Guide
- Download attachment cwmRecovery.zip and download latest Flash_tool (version 5.1352.0) can be downloaded from here)
- Enable USB-debugging.
- Manually install this driver (A7_40_driver.zip) for the LenovoTablet before connecting it to your pc (win7 dirvers work for win8).
- Go to My computer, Manage, Device Manager, right click your computer at the top, Add Legacy hardware, next, Install plapla manually, next, Show all Devices, Have a Disk.., Browse to the driver folder where you unzip them, choose example windows7 and the 64 version (win7 drivers work for win8.x too), install every device. Then follow the guide.(Note: Otherwise Windows only installs the normal automatic drivers and its more difficult to install the other drivers.)
- Now connect device to PC.
- Download the latest supersu zip file (version 2.46) from here UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
- Move the zip.-file to the Sdcard.
- Turn off your device.
- Download and unpack cwmRecovery.zip ( Download
- Run Flash_tool.exe with Admin Rights.
- Chose Scatter-Loading and choose MT8121_Android_scatter.txt (in Recovery folder) ( Download )
- Now, only tick one checkbox – recovery, if not click on it and choose recovery.img
- Select Download.
- Connect your device.
- Wait a few seconds.
- Have CWM on your device .
- Unplug your device.
- Boot to cmw recovery by turning off your device. Then press and hold VOL DOWN + VOL UP and then also press and hold POWER for about 7 seconds.
- Choose ” Install zip from sdcard.” (To confirm always use the Power Button)
- Choose “zip from sdcard”.
- Select SuperSU-v2.46.zip from sdcard and apply.
It might be necessary to always flash the CWM with the Flashtool directly before you startup the device. Otherwise it will start the original Android Recovery again.
If the supersu zip doesn’t install, try toggling the signature verification to disabled from cwm->install zip from sdcard->toggle signature verification.
Tested and working on Levono A7-40 3500-FL with kitkat update, build number A3500FL_A442_01_25_140823_SE, from ota.Attached Files