Registering for the Safetoken enables you carry out transactions on any web merchant site that has integrated to the Interswitch payment gateway using a One Time Password (OTP) as a second level authentication process in addition to your Card Number, Card Expiry Date, PIN and CVV2 code.
Here are the steps required to register for the Interswitch Safetoken service.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR SAFETOKEN
- Go to your nearest bank branch and request for your card to be enrolled for the Safetoken
- Go to the nearest ATM, and insert your ATM card
- Input your 4-digit PIN and press Enter
- Select your bank account type eg Savings or Current
- Select the ‘Quickteller’ option from the ATM menu screen
- Select ‘Pay Bills’ from the Quickteller menu list on the ATM screen
- Select ‘Others’ for the bill payment menu option list
- Enter ‘322222”as the Payment Code
- Enter your Phone Number as the Customer Reference Number and select ‘Proceed’
- You will get a display “Do you want to make this payment?” AmouSafetoken
- DO NOT edit the amount to be paid
- Click on “Pay amount due”
- You will then get a confirmation page indicating the registration was successful
*Note that a surcharge of N100 may be applicable to a successful registration.
USING THE SAFETOKEN SERVICE
Once you are able to complete the registration either at the bank branch or at an ATM, you will be able to receive One Time Passwords (OTPs) to complete online payments.
Please note that you may need to request for your card to be activated for online payments by your bank before you are able to complete online payments successfully.
For more information on Safetoken, please visit our FAQ page on: https://connect.interswitchng.com/faqs/safetoken-faq/
Please contact [email protected] if you have any further comments or questions.