The guide does not require you to access any website, or use your IMEI number to generate an unlock code. Read below for files / downloads required to unlock your Axon 7 device bootloader.
Disclaimer: your use of this guide is entirely at your own risk. Know that your warranty is void once you unlock your phone's bootloader.
I advise that you make a backup of device data before proceeding with bootloader unlock guide below. You data will be erased after unlock.
Unlocking ZTE Axon 7 Bootloader
- After downloading the unlock package above, copy to your device sdcard root, that is, /sdcard/
- Enable OEM Unlocking in Settings > Development
- Power off the device completely and boot into recovery mode (stock recovery) by pressing Power button + Volume Up.
- In recovery screen, tap Apply update from sdcard
- Navigate to your device sdcard root and select P996A01B20Fastboot_ssl.zip
- Once update is applied, return to recovery main screen and select reboot bootloader option
- Launch command prompt and run the following commands
fastboot oem unlock
- Confirm the bootloader unlock prompt on your device
- That's it!