Besides the normal flashing of packages from your Android device is the ability to:
- Backup/Restore System Partitions & data.
- Flash Firmware, ZIP/OTA files.
- Wipe System, Internal storage, cache partitions, recovery partitions etc.
- Backup over wifi i.e Send your backup files directly to PC.
- Backup System to Restore via fastboot
In this post, we'll learn how to backup your Android device firmware via ADB over WiFi and how to restore the backup via fastboot (if selected during backup).
How To Backup Android Firmware via ADB over WiFi
Step 2: Install and launch Flashfire. If you are unaware of different partitions, click here to learn how to view your device partitions and their full details.
Step 3: To backup your device, Tap on the + icon. You would see something similar to below image. Just click on Backup.
Step 4: After clicking on Backup options, you’ll be asked for the type of backup
- Normal Partition Backup: It includes normal partition i.e Boot, System, OEM, Data and Internal Storage.
- ID Backup: Device IDs, EFS & IMEI.
- Full Backup: It includes partition of entire partitions of your device.
- Raw Backup: It includes Raw partitions that comes factory installed i.e Boot, System & OEM.
- Fastboot Flashable backup: It creates file that can be sideloaded from ADB.