But do not enable the battery saver mode, as it leads to bug creation and the phone will be stuck in bootloop. Besides, the night theme is also not working properly. Following is the detailed changelog with fixes.
- Fixed Lock Screen issue
- Added Weather info to expanded view of QS Tiles.
- Aded cdma retry config for XT1096
- synced with last CM commits, and the noticed change is the Browser.
The Facebook messenger might force close. To fix this, delete or rename the libsslx.so from /data/app/com.facebook.katana-1/lib/arm and from /data/app/com.facebook.orca-1/lib/arm (Root required for this).
To fix MTP Mount, connect your phone to the PC with the USB cable. Go to Settings>> Developer Options>> Select USB Configuration, then change it to PTP then change it back to MTP. Doing this will show your device storage on your computer.
Check out the guide below if you want to install the CM13 ROM on your Moto X. But do not forget to create a backup, before you go ahead with the installation. This is to make sure you can always restore the previous ROM in case something goes wrong.
Note that installation is at your own risk.
CyanogenMod 13 ROM
How to install Android Marshmallow ROM on Moto X (2nd Gen) with unofficial CM13 ROM
Step 1: Copy the downloaded files to the phone's storage and remember the location. Unplug the phone from the computer
Step 2: Place your phone into recovery mode. You might use the Quick Boot app from the Play Store to place the phone in recovery mode. Just download and install the app on your phone. Then launch it and follow the on-screen prompts to boot into recovery. Alternatively, use the following hardware key combinations:
- Press Power, Volume Down and Home buttons together for 3-4 seconds, then release them
- Boot menu screen will be displayed on your phone
- Using the Volume down button scroll down to recovery option and select it pressing the Volume Up button
- An Android logo will appear on the screen
- Now press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons together for about five seconds and press the Power button
- Now Recovery mode menu will be displayed on your Moto X
Step 4: Once the backup is complete, perform a full data wipe. Select Wipe, then Advanced wipe, and then select Dalvik Cache, System, Data and Cache. Now do a swipe on Swipe to wipe option
Step 5: Return to the recovery menu and tap Install; go to the folder where you have saved the CM13 ROM, tap on it and do a swipe on the Swipe to confirm flash option
Step 6: Once the ROM is installed, repeat the process to flash Gapps
Step 7: After the installation process is completed, select Reboot system to restart the phone
If you come across any issue with the CM13 ROM, head over to the XDA development thread.