Without waste of time Team Win Recovery Project developers have made TWRP 3.0.2 available for the all new Samsung Galaxy Note 7, making it pretty much easy to root.
Thanks to Chainfire for its 'systemless' root: you can root your Galaxy Note 7 without modifying system partition or cause damage to your device system, just in case something goes wrong while rooting.
It's safe and works just fine. Follow the simple guide below to flash TWRP and root your Samsung Galaxy Note 7.
- International & Duos (SM-N930F, SM-N930FD) - Download
- Korea (SM-N930K, SM-N930L, SM-N930S) - Download
Disclaimer: Your use of this guide is entirely at your own risk. If this guide damages your your device, you take sole responsibility for it.
Flashing TWRP 3.0.2 On Galaxy Note 7
- After downloading the files listed above, and the exact TWRP for your variant, run and install Samsung USB drivers on your PC
- Extract Odin 3.12.3 to your desktop
- Go to Settings -> About device on your phone. Tap Build number 7 times to enable Developer options.
- Now go to Settings -> Developer options. Going back just once will display this settings option immediately above About device.
- (*) Enable OEM unlock.
- Reboot your device into Download mode. To do this, select reboot from the power menu and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons while your device reboots.
- Once in Download mode warning screen, press Volume Up to continue.
- Now connect your device to PC via USB
- Run Odin, select AP slot and choose the downloaded TWRP tar file.
- Disable Auto-Reboot option, then press Start.
- Once flashing process is complete, disconnect phone from PC and hold Volume Down + Home + Power to leave Download mode, and immediately swap to Volume Up when the screen blanks.
- TWRP splash screen should now display. If it doesn't, repeat steps 8-9.
NOTE: After swiping right and executing the requested system modifications, your device will not boot if you don't flash the SuperSu package in the downloads above to root your phone.
However, if you do not wish to root your phone at this time but need just TWRP: while in TWRP screen, connect your device to PC and mount MTP. Copy the DM Verity zip package available in downloads section above to the root of your device. Disconnect your phone from PC and flash. Now you can be boot your device to system safely.
If you wish to root your Samsung Galaxy Note 7, read below:
Rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 7
- While in TWRP, connect device to PC
- Copy SuperSu zip package to the root of your sdcard
- Disconnect phone from PC and flash the SuperSU zip package
NOTE: If you flashed the SuperSU root package, you won't need to flash DM Verity zip file.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post below...